Blogs for Borders IS NO LONGER UPDATED! It originally was updated by bloggers dedicated to American sovereignty, border security and a sane immigration policy. We supported legal immigration and news, articles and opinions on issues related to our nation's borders, immigration policy, illegal aliens and amnesty proposals.
Original Feed Link | Facebook Group Still Active!

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Arizona sheriff not relenting after court ruling

Lost in the hoopla over Arizona's immigration law is the fact that state and local authorities for years have been doing their own aggressive crackdowns in the busiest illegal gateway into the country.

Nowhere in the U.S. is local enforcement more present than in metropolitan Phoenix, where Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio routinely carries out sweeps, some in Hispanic neighborhoods, to arrest illegal immigrants. The tactics have made him the undisputed poster boy for local immigration enforcement and the anger that so many authorities feel about the issue.

"It's my job," said Arpaio, standing beside a sheriff's truck that has a number for an immigration hot line written on its side. "I have two state (immigration) laws that I am enforcing. It's not federal, it's state." ... Read More

Tags: Arizona, Phoenix, Maricopa County, Sheriff, Joe Arpaio, illegal aliens To share the post, click on "Post Link." Please mention / link to Blogs for Borders. Thanks!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ron Russell said...

Sheriff Joe is one tough man! There are not many like him left--no PC and no bulls**t. I have a post ready for Blog for Borders, but the first paragraph is a little hard hitting so I need you to check it before I post. I have it in draft form can you read it from that? If not I'm posting it tomorrow on TOTUS and you can check it out there and let me know if its suitable. My wife is very sick now and I'm not able to get much done with taking care of her.

8/3/10, 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home